Central Vietnam holds the most historical places in the country dating back centuries ago. Danang, Hoi An and Hue are the most popular cities in the area due to the number of historical places, new attraction and simply amazing landscape. The travel from Hoi an to Hue would take about 3 hours (125 km) via the Hai Van tunnel, this is why Hoi An to Hue day trip by car is a common option for tourists who have limited time to spend in the area.
There are several places to stop during the Hoi An to Hue full day trip. Danang being in the middle of the two cultural cities, would be the first place to be explored. Upon reaching Danang, you can stop at the Marble Mountain. The old pagodas and temples are just additional things to see. Be mesmerized with hundreds of Buddha and other Vietnamese gods while passing through caves within the mountain.
After seeing the magnificent Marble Mountain, pass by My Khe and Danang Beach. You can the driver to make a quick stop if you want to plunge into the pristine water of the beach or simply get a refreshment.
Get the best panoramic view of Danang city and Lang Co at Hai Van Pass. One of the favorite routes of the adventure seekers, Hai Van Pass route is something you shouldn’t miss when traveling from Hoi An to Hue.
Take a rest and get indulged with scenic view of the Bach Ma mountain at the beautiful Lap An Lagoon. Get a cold coffee or tea, it will add to the already amazing feeling that the wonderful landscape is giving. Lap An Lagoon is usually underrated but it is one of the most scenic place I’ve seen aside from Hai Van Pass.
Walk along the Citadel of the Nguyen dynasty, the last royal family of Vietnam. Learn the structure and architecture of the imperial city. The imperial city history and emperors are very significant to what Vietnam is today. The abdication of the last emperor Bao Dai at the citadel’s gate paved the way to the reunification of the country.
Experience the serenity of the oldest pagoda in the city, Thien Mu Pagoda. The pagoda on the top of the hill next to the Perfume river offers a great view of the rural area. Tip: the big bell that can be heard all over the city is being rang every late afternoon, make sure to be close to the pagoda around 5 PM.
You’ll definitely have a great day from Hoi An to Hue day trip. Get your Hoi An to Hue private car now. You may request your driver to bring you back to Hoi An from Hue or you can simply stay in the city for a night.
One of the easiest ways for you to discover Hue from Hoi An ancient town is Hoi An to Hue 1 day small group tour:
- 07:00 am – 07:30 am: Our tour guide will pick you from your hotel reception in Hoi An.
- Begin your journey to Hue city by crossing one of the best coastal roads in the world, the Hai Van Pass. You will have a 30 minutes stop at Hai Van Quan – the peak of Hai Van Pass and 5 minutes to taking the photo at Lang Co Beach
- 11:00 am: Visit the Khai Dinh Tomb, a stunning blend of Eastern and Western Architecture constructed between 1920 – 1931.
- 12:30 pm: Enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant serving Hue style dishes
- 13:30 pm: Continue to Hue’s main attraction, the Hue Imperial Citadel.
- 15:00 pm: Explore Thien Mu Pagoda, Hue’s oldest pagoda. Built in 1601, it is considered the unofficial symbol of Hue and is the subject to many local folk rhymes.
- 16:00 pm: Cruise along the Huong River by Dragon boat. Sit back and take in the peaceful scenery as you arrive back into the Hue city center.
- 16:30 pm: Begin your return to Hoi An.
- Finish your Hue City Tour, arriving in Hoi An approximately 7:15 pm.
Price for person: $45
- High-quality transport
- Dragon boat cruise
- Experienced Tour Guide
- Local lunch with Hue style dishes
- All Entrance fees
- Any additional purchases
- Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions:
- <= 5 years old: Free
- 6 to 11 years old: 75%
- >= 12 years old: 100%
Please Contact Us to join Hue city from Hoi An small group tour