Nha Trang city is one of the most famous beach cities in Vietnam. Nha Trang Bay covers an area of 507m², including 19 large and small islands and is always an attractive places to tourists all over the world. Located about 500kms to the north of Nha Trang, Hoi An is a very different story. It is an ancient town which is famous for its ancient houses, historic sites, and local specialty. It seems the most interesting destination in Central Vietnam that attracts thousands of people a day, both domestic and international tourists. Nowadays, the need of a transportation between these two cities are very high, but not many tourists know the way to do this trip. Therefore, in this article, we will give you some ways so that you can travel from Nha Trang to Hoi an ( or Hoi an to Nha Trang) easily.
Nha Trang to Hoi an by bus
- Bus from Nha Trang to Hoi an often takes about 12 hours ( bus route is about 509 kms in length.). Most of the buses depart at 7pm, and arrive in Hoi an at about 6am or 7am. You can think about some of the bus companies such as Hanh Cafe, Sinh Tourist, TM Camel, Tam Hanh Bus, An Phu Travel,… The bus ticket is often from 200.000 vnd to 250.000 vnd/ pax . You can go to the travel offices to book or book directly in their website quickly. Bus seems the cheapest and most convenient way of transportation for foreign travelers.
Nha Trang to Hoi an by train
- There is a train station in Nha Trang, but no train station in Hoi an. Therefore, if you want to go to Hoi an from Nha Trang by train, you will have to take a train from Nha Trang to Da nang. Then book a car from Da nang train station to Hoi an. Da nang is very close to Hoi an ( just about 35kms, 45 min drive). You can choose SE4, SE2, SE8, SE6, SE22, or SE10 with different departure time. Transferring by train takes about 10 hours.
Nha Trang to Hoi an by car
- One of the most interesting ways to transfer from Nha Trang to Hoi an is by private car. The price for a sedan is about 290usd and can fit 3 passengers and luggage. On the way from Nha Trang to Hoi an, driver can stop for you at some nice places on the way to take photos, relax and drink some coffee,..which makes your trip very comfortable. You can book the cars from a travel agency or make a booking online easily. An English speaking driver with a nice A/C car is a very ideal option even when it is hot or rainy.
Nha Trang to Hoi an by flight
- There is an airport in Nha Trang called Cam Ranh airport. It is an international airport and is just about 30kms from Nha Trang. However, there is no airport in Hoi an, just an airport in Da nang ( 35kms from Hoi an). If you would like to transfer from Nha Trang to Hoi an by flight, you will have to book a flight from Nha Trang to Da nang. Then you can take a car, taxi or grab from Da nang airport to Hoi an. Flight from Nha Trang to Da nang takes 1 hour.
Nha Trang to Hoi an by motorbike
- Not many people choose this option as it will take a lot of time to travel by motorbike. The good thing of this option is that you can feel free to stop at any places on the way you like to relax, take photos,.. It is really interesting. However, It will be a very hard trip to ride for a long time in a very hot weather in Vietnam. And it is also really a challenge if your motorbike is broken on the way. If you choose motorbike to be your companion, you will have to prepare a very good health and a strong spirit. You can hire or even buy a motorbike in Vietnam to do this trip. There are some places you can ask about this such as Vietnam motorbike tour, Vina motor,..
I hope that with my information above, you can find out the most suitable way to help you travel between Nha Trang and Hoi an easily.