Taxi is considerably the most convenient way to get from Da Nang to Hoi An. You may hail a taxi anywhere in Danang to get to Hoi An. It is unnecessary to make a prior arrangement before getting on a taxi to Hoi An from Da Nang. But Da Nang to Hoi An taxi is the bad way to travel.
Danang to Hoi An is around 30 kilometers away which takes about 45 minute drive. For trusted metered taxi companies, it would cost you $18 – $25 depending on the traffic and drop off location.
But there are things you need to watch out for before getting in a taxi. Here are just some of them:
- Tampered meter: A legit looking taxi with a tampered meter is your worst nightmare in Vietnam. Always check the prices which are supposed to be posted on the car door before you get in. If you feel like the meter is tampered, feel free to ask the driver to stop.
- Ridiculous taxi fare: Driver may offer ridiculous price when you are already in the taxi, making it sound that your place is hard to get to or a little far off town. You might somehow feel helpless and there’s nothing else to do but agree. If this happens to you, simply take the drivers name and plate number.
- Driver not familiar with routes or acting like it: If possible, check if the driver knows the place you are heading or at least has Google map ready to avoid going in circles and end up paying more than you should. This is a usual form of scam in the country, a total rip-off if you ask me.
- Drop off to wrong hotel/hostel: You might “accidentally” get lost on your way to your hotel end up staying at a shady guesthouse of someone your driver knows. If this happens to you, call your hotel or hostel to pick you up instead.
There are several big taxi companies for Danang to Hoi An route. Here are some trusted taxi companies:
- Taxi Hương Lúa: 0184.108.40.206.82
- Taxi Mai Linh: 0220.127.116.11.56
- Taxi Sông Hàn: 018.104.22.168.72
- Taxi Tiên Sa: 022.214.171.124.79
- Taxi VinaSun Green: 0126.96.36.199.68
- Taxi Datranco: 0236.3.815.815
Note that there is no guarantee even with these taxi companies as they do not have control over individual behavior of their drivers.
If you are not a risk taker and does not want any hassle while traveling, you may simply get a private car Danang to Hoi An transfer service. It is fixed, whether you’ll be stuck in traffic or you need to have quick stop somewhere along the way. Danang airport transfer is also available.